Take your pork chops to a new level with a spice rub! Cumin, coriander, and ginger give this dish a Middle Eastern flair.[feast_advanced_jump_to]
Although this recipe uses Middle Eastern spices, it is most definitely not a Middle Eastern dish. Pork is not a traditional Middle Eastern ingredient because of religious restrictions, so you won't usually see it on the table in those countries.
But if you don't have cultural or religious restrictions, feel free to experiment with unusual ingredient pairings. It's your food, have fun with it!
Ingredients You'll Need
- cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- pork chops
- salt and black pepper
Make the Recipe
Here are the ingredients: pork chops, olive oil, garlic, and spices (cumin, coriander, ginger, and cayenne).
We like our food highly spiced, so you may need to reduce the amounts to your taste! You can build up a tolerance—or even a preference!—for spices, so start with smaller amounts and increase as you get used to more intense flavors.
Mix the spices and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to form a paste. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
Rub the spice paste into both sides of the chops.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and cook the pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes.
Flip the chops and cook the other side for 4 to 5 minutes.
You're done! Here are the chops served with a pea and bacon salad. This is a quick and delicious meal. The cool salad complements the highly-spiced pork chops. Enjoy!
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Spice-Rubbed Pork Chops
Special Equipment Needed
- 1 skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix the salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne, garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil to form a paste. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and rub with the paste.2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons ground cumin, 2 tablespoons ground coriander, 2 tablespoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, 3 cloves garlic
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side, to an internal temperature of 145°F.4 boneless pork loin chops, 2 tablespoons olive oil
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com