Spring has arrived in Colorado, so of course I came down with a spring cold! And what do I do when I get a cold? Make Evil Tea! I knew I was going to need more that one dose, so I made a batch in the pressure cooker. I have a Ninja Foodie multi-pot, but you can use an Instant Pot or any other brand of "smart" pressure cooker.
Why Use a Pressure Cooker?
Two reasons. You can make a lot at one time; and the pressure cooker really infuses the spices into the tea!
(If you only need to make a single dose, see our regular Evil Tea recipe.)
Ingredients You'll Need
- Evil Tea Spices
- dried arbol chilies
- Yogi Throat Comfort herbal tea
- Yogi Breathe Deep herbal tea
- Traditional Medicinals Gypsy (Herbal) Cold Care herbal tea
- peppermint tea
- hot sauce
- lemon juice
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't find dried arbol chiles in my store!
The Mexican food section usually has a variety of dried chiles. If you can't find arbol, just use a different chile.
I don't drink alcohol, can I leave it out?
Yes, the Evil Tea will still have plenty of power to send the bugs running!
How to Make Evil Tea in a Pressure Cooker
Put all the ingredients into the pressure cooker. (I snip the strings off the tea bags... not going to cook the tags!)
Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
Do natural release for 25 minutes to let the tea steep and infuse all the ingredients.
Strain the tea into glass jars, like quart Mason jars. Allow it to cool and store in the refrigerator.
Pour some Evil Tea into a mug and heat in the microwave, as hot as you can stand; or pour it into a saucepan and heat on the oven.
Add the hot sauce, lemon juice, honey, and whiskey. Stir well, and drink as quickly as you can. That first swallow is going to be a smack in the head, but that's what wakes the bugs up and tells them it's time to get out of town!
Repeat as needed, and get well soon!
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Pressure Cooker Evil Tea
Special Equipment Needed
- 1 Pressure cooker Instant Pot, Ninja Foodie, etc.
For the Tea
- 6 cups water
- 3-4 dried arbol chiles
- 1 ½ teaspoons evil tea spices
- 3 bags Yogi Throat Comfort herbal tea
- 3 bags Yogi Breathe Deep herbal tea
- 3 bags Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Herbal Cold Care herbal tea
- 3 bags peppermint tea
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce such as Tabasco, or as much as you can stand
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce whiskey
Evil Tea Spices
- 2 parts ground ginger
- 2 parts ground cloves
- 1 part chili powder
- 1 part black pepper
- 1 part garlic powder
- Combine all of the ingredients except the honey, lemon juice, and whiskey in the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and set the pressure release to Sealing.6 cups water, 3-4 dried arbol chiles, 1 ½ teaspoons evil tea spices, 3 bags Yogi Throat Comfort herbal tea, 3 bags Yogi Breathe Deep herbal tea, 3 bags Traditional Medicinals Gypsy, 3 bags peppermint tea
- Select Manual and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Allow to Natural Release for up to 25 minutes (or Quick Release after 15 minutes, for slightly weaker brew).
- Strain and transfer to glass jars (two large Mason jars should be enough). Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Fill a mug with Evil Tea and heat to as high as you can tolerate. Add hot sauce, honey, lemon juice, and whiskey and drink as quickly as you can manage.1 teaspoon hot sauce, 2 teaspoons honey, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 ounce whiskey
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com