I found this recipe on a social media site many years ago. I can't remember what site it was, or who posted it.
If you've got a cold or the flu and over-the-counter medications aren't helping, it's time to brew up some Evil tea! It will clear your sinuses, help your sore throat, and melt the snow on your driveway! It will clear your sister's sinuses, and she lives 1,000 miles away! (DISCLAIMER: These claims have not been medically reviewed or verified.)
Also, check our recipe for Pressure Cooker Evil Tea if you need more than a single dose![feast_advanced_jump_to]
Why Do You Need Evil Tea?
Evil Tea is the best concoction we've ever found for tenacious colds and flu. We've sent the recipe to a lot of our friends, and they all swear by it. Here are some of the benefits of Evil Tea. (Please note that we are not making any medical claims here, this is based solely on our personal experience and investigation.)
Instant Tea is an intense brew that will send germs run screaming! Ginger is an anti-inflammatory, and will help your digestion. Cloves have antiseptic properties. Turmeric is another powerful anti-inflammatory, and works well in combination with ginger. Black pepper helps your system absorb turmeric more effectively, and it's an anti-inflammatory and is high in antioxidants. Chili powder is effective against colds and flu, and is also an anti-inflammatory. Garlic is an immune system booster. Lemon juice and honey are traditional treatments for sore throats. Whiskey is an antiseptic. And Tabasco and other chili sauces release endorphins, which can speed healing.
As with any "home brew" recipe, please do your due diligence and make sure there's nothing in the recipe that you might be allergic to or that might cause an adverse reaction!
Ingredients You'll Need
- lemon juice
- Tabasco (or your favorite hot sauce)
- Evil Tea Spices
- Yogi Throat Comfort herbal tea
- Yogi Breathe Deep herbal tea
- Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Cold Care herbal tea (aka Herbal Cold Care)
- peppermint tea
- whiskey (your favorite brand)
You can use any type of hot sauce. If you go for Ghost Pepper or Carolina Reaper sauce, you have our respect!
If you can't find any of the specific herbal teas in the recipe, look them up and try to find something comparable.
If you don't drink alcohol, just leave it out, it will still be effective. You can also substitute other liquors; spiced rum works pretty well!
Do You Have a Cold or the Fu? Make Some Evil Tea!
Gather The Ingredients
Whiskey, lemon juice, Tabasco, honey, herbal teas, and Evil Tea Spices. (You should always have these ingredients handy in your pantry!)
Mix Everything Except the Whiskey
Put the lemon juice, honey, Tabasco, and Evil Tea Spices in a mug and mix them up.
Add the Teas and Hot Water
Put the tea bags in the mug and pour in boiling water.
Cover and let it steep for 10 minutes.
Remove the tea bags, pour in the whiskey, and stir well. The spices will settle to the bottom of the mug, so you want to mix them up.
Drink the Evil Tea as quickly as you can manage. You may want to have a glass of water at hand. If the Evil Tea doesn't make your eyes water, it's not evil enough!
You should also keep a spoon nearby so that you can keep stirring up the spices. Hey! Don't drink with the spoon handle poking out of the mug! You'll poke your eye out!
Drink, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon tabasco or as much as you can stand
- ½ teaspoon Evil Tea Spices
- 1 bag Yogi Throat Comfort herbal tea
- 1 bag Yogi Breathe Deep herbal tea
- 1 bag Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Cold Care herbal tea aka Herbal Cold Care herbal tea
- 1 bag peppermint tea
- 1 ounce whiskey
- Combine the lemon juice, honey, Tabasco, and Evil Tea Spices in a large mug. Stir well.
- Add the tea bags and fill the mug with boiling water. Let the tea steep, covered, for ten minutes.
- Add the whiskey and stir again The spices won't dissolve, but you want them suspended in the liquid so you don't get them all at once in the dregs.
- Allow the tea to cool just enough to be drinkable. Remove the teabags and drink the Evil Tea as quickly as you can manage.
- You might want to have a glass of water nearby. If Evil Tea doesn't make your eyes water, it's not doing its job!
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com