You know what I like? Macaroni salad! You know what else I like? Coleslaw! You know what I like even better? Both of them at the same time! Yes, you can have the best of both worlds!
How Did This Miracle Happen?
Macaroni salad and cole slaw are two of my favorite side dishes. Debbie doesn't like either one, so that means more for me! Sometimes I would get them mixed together on my plate, and that was even better. So I decided to try making them in the same bowl, and it was amazing!
I found out later that this was not a new idea, a lot of people have invented this super side dish. I tried a few other recipes but always came back to mine.
The first time I made this I made my own cole slaw. That was a lot of work, so the next time I used a packaged cole slaw mix and that was just as good. It's okay to be a lazy cook sometimes!
This is a pretty pale salad. You can brighten it up by using red or orange bell peppers, or adding some shredded carrots.
This is a large recipe, so it's perfect for picnics, pot lucks, BBQ parties, or family reunions! If you're not feeding a crowd you can scale the recipe down.
Ingredients You'll Need
- coleslaw mix
- Persian (mini) or English cucumber
- bell pepper
- apple cider vinegar
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- black pepper
Make This Super Side Dish!
Chop all the vegetables and put them in a large bowl. And when I say "large", I mean large—this is a big recipe, it makes about 16 servings! Here are the cole slaw mix, green peppers (or whatever color you like), cucumber, celery, and onions.
Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and lemon juice, lime juice, and apple cider vinegar.
Mix everything together. Make sure to get all the vegetables coated with the sauce! Then gently fold in the macaroni. The pasta is more fragile than the vegetables, so go easy on it.
Have I told you how much I love this salad? Just in case I haven't—I love this salad!
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Mac's Law (Macaroni Coleslaw Salad)
Special Equipment Needed
- 1 Large bowl
- 16 ounces macaroni uncooked
- 1 (14-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 3 Persian (mini) cucumbers or 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.16 ounces macaroni
- Add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, and bell pepper to a large bowl.1 (14-ounce) package coleslaw mix, 1 medium onion, 2 ribs celery, 3 Persian (mini) cucumbers, 1 medium bell pepper
- Add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Toss well to coat the vegetables with the sauce.2 cups mayonnaise, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Add the macaroni to the bowl and gently fold it in with the vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know what you think!