This salad makes a cool, light dinner when you don't feel like cooking. Serve with bread and a bowl of soup if you want to round out the meal!
Keep It Light, Keep It Cool!
Summers are getting hotter! So making meals that don't require cooking helps keep your kitchen cool, and saves the energy used by a stove or other appliances. Salads are a perfect way to make a no-cook meal. They don't have to be all veg either! You can add cheese, or leftover meat like sliced beef or chicken.
Ingredients You'll Need
- red wine vinegar
- dried oregano
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- English cucumber
- Campari tomatoes
- feta cheese
- Red wine vinegar: substitute apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard: use any other mustard
- English cucumber: use regular cucumbers, but you might want to peel them
- Campari tomatoes: Roma tomatoes are a close substitute, or any other type of tomato
- Feta Cheese: substitute goat cheese or blue cheese
- Green onions: use a red onion, halved and thinly sliced
Make a Salad as a Dinner or Appetizer!
This is a simple salad, it just needs a bit of slicing and a bit of mixing. Tomatoes and cucumbers, radishes, green onions, olive oil, salt, mustard, oregano, vinegar, and feta cheese.
Make the dressing first. Whisk the olive oil, salt, mustard, oregano, and vinegar in a large bowl.
Then add the tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, green onions, and feta cheese. Toss to coat with the dressing. It's done!
Put the salad in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. (Marinating in the vinegar and oil dressing will tone down the sharpness of the radishes!)
We like this salad as a meal with some rustic bread, but it makes a good appetizer too!
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Cucumber, Tomato, and Radish Salad
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 6 Campari tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 cup radishes sliced
- 3 green oinions sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Put the vinegar, oregano, mustard, salt, and olive oil in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, and feta cheese to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.1 English cucumber, 6 Campari tomatoes, 1 cup radishes, ½ cup feta cheese, 3 green oinions
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Serve as a side dish, or as a meal with soup and bread.
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com