What do you do when you find a lot of beautiful radishes at the store or farmers' market? Sure, you can use them in salads or soups. But what if you got a LOT of them? You roast them! Roasted radishes make an awesome side dish... even if you don't like radishes! Trust me... roasting them takes any bitterness away and brings out their natural sweetness.
Sheet Pans Are Vegetable Magic!
Roasting vegetables does amazing things to them. It brings out the natural sweetness from their sugars. It also removes bitterness from veg like radishes and broccoli. They come out of the oven slightly crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside.
Root vegetables—carrots, parsnips, turnips, potatoes (I know, they're not root vegetables, work with me here), and yes, radishes—work particularly well with roasting. If you want a quick side dish that works with almost anything, chop up a mix of root veg and roast them in the oven!
Ingredients You'll Need
- olive oil
- lime juice
- chipotle chile powder
- ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground coriander
- black pepper
Roast Up Some Radishes!
Here are the ingredients: a big bowl of radishes, spices (chile powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, salt, and pepper), lime juice, and olive oil.
This is why I love sheet pan vegetable recipes. Once you've sliced the radishes, you just put everything in a bowl and mix it up! You'll see a lot of recipes that say to put everything on the sheet pan and toss to combine. Have you ever tried to toss radishes on a sheet pan? It's like juggling ping-pong balls!
Now that you've easily mixed the radishes in the bowl, spread them out on the sheet pan and put them in the oven.
Here they are out of the oven.
Put them on a plate. How easy was that?
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Sheet Pan Roasted Chile-Lime Radishes
Special Equipment Needed
- 1 Half-sheet (12x16) baking sheet
- 1 ½ pounds radishes halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and stir to mix.1 ½ pounds radishes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon ground coriander, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Roast at 425°F, stirring once, until golden and tender, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know what you think!