This blend of herbs and spices is perfect for any Greek-inspired recipe! Use it with lamb, chicken, fish, or shrimp. Sprinkle it on a salad, add it to soup, put it in a meatloaf, or use it anywhere you would like a shot of Mediterranean flavor!
Make Your Own Spice Mixes
Making spice mixes is easy! All you have to do is measure and mix. Here are some of benefits of making your own spice mixes.
- You can make international spice mixes that you might not find on the shelf at your local supermarket. Can't find a Thai, Persian, or African spice blend? Make your own!
- You can adjust the mix to suit your personal taste. Don't like cloves? Leave them out. Want a bit more heat? Add a little cayenne pepper.
- Making your own spice mix is usually less expensive than buying it online.
- If you need it tonight, you can make it today! No waiting for an online order to arrive.
Ingredients You'll Need
These are all dried herbs and ground spices that you probably have in your spice rack. (And if you don't, you should!) If you're missing one or two of them, don't stress. It won't taste quite the same, but it will still be good!
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- dill weed (Why is dill the only herb that we call a 'weed'? Let's show it some respect, people!)
Make Some Greek Seasoning!
Mix the Ingredients
Measure everything into a small bowl and mix well.
Use What Your Need and Store the Rest
This recipe makes about an ounce of mix, which just fits in a standard spice jar. So save those empty jars when you run out of something!
Wash the bottle well and put a new label on it with the name of your homemade mix, so you don't accidentally use Ras El Hanout instead of paprika in your paprikash. Because then it would be Ras El Haoush. Which might be really good! We did say you could use this mix almost anywhere!
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
Insert Recipe Block Here
📖 Recipe Card
Greek Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons mint
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Store in an airtight container.
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com