If you love garlic, you'll love this chicken recipe, elevated with a cream sauce filled with garlic, bacon, and mushrooms! It uses a lot of garlic, so feel free to adjust to your taste. As the saying goes, "Don’t ever let a recipe tell you how much garlic to put in. You measure that with your heart!"
That's a Lot of Garlic!
Yes, this recipe uses lots of garlic. It calls for 12 large cloves. When you break down a bulb of garlic you usually get large cloves on the outside, and smaller ones towards the center. You may have to estimate how many small cloves are equal to one large clove. I just took the easy route and used the whole bulb!
Peeling a whole bulb of garlic can take a long time. But there are a couple of ways to speed it up. One way is to separate the cloves, put them in a metal bowl, put another metal bowl upside down on top, and shake up and down vigorously. Another way is to wrap the bulb in a damp paper towel and microwave it for 15 to 20 seconds. The peel will come off very easily. Do a search for "how to peel a bulb of garlic" and you'll find pages and videos that show how to do this.
Of course, feel free to use less garlic if you like. Cooking whole or smashed garlic will remove the harsh, bitter flavor. But it's still garlic, so pile the parsley on to counteract the after effects!
Ingredients You'll Need
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- Parmesan cheese
- dried thyme
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- baby portobello mushrooms
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
How to Make This Awesome Chicken Dish
Here are the ingredients: chicken stock, mushrooms, chicken (I used thighs, we like the flavor better), heavy cream, diced bacon, Parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, onions, flour, and spices (thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper);
Combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl and mix them together.
Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
I put the chicken on a baking pan lined with paper. It's easy to pick them up and cleanup is easy. I bought whole thighs and skinned and deboned them. It came out to 1 ½ pounds. Don't worry too much about weight and number, you just want 4 to 6 servings.
Fry the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it's crispy. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
Leave all that lovely bacon grease in the pan!
Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
Flip the chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. You want the chicken to be golden-brown on both sides and cooked through.
Remove the chicken to a plate. Add the onions to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
Smash six of the garlic cloves. Add all the garlic cloves to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and cream and simmer until the sauce is reduced to your preferred thickness.
Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to let the chicken absorb those great flavors.
Serve garnished with parsley over pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice, with a side dish.
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Creamy Garlic Bacon Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds chicken thighs or breasts skinless and boneless
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon diced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 12 large cloves garlic
- 16 ounces baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.1 ½ pounds chicken thighs or breasts, 4 tablespoons flour, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon sweet paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Fry the diced bacon to your preferred crispness in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the bacon from the skillet and transfer it to a paper towel lined plate. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.4 slices thick-cut bacon
- Fry the chicken until golden on each side, and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a warm plate and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.1 small onion
- Smash six of the garlic cloves. Add the smashed and whole garlic cloves to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.12 large cloves garlic
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.16 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, Salt and black pepper
- Add the chicken stock and cream. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is reduced to your preferred thickness.1 ¼ cup chicken broth, 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to let it absorb the flavors from the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve over pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice.Chopped fresh parsley
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know what you think!