This soup is perfect for a cool meal on a hot summer day. It can also be served hot on a cold winter day! We like our food highly flavored, so if you're not used to a lot of spices you can reduce the amounts... especially the cayenne!
Soup of the Evening, Beautiful Soup!
So sang the Mock Turtle in Alice in Wonderland. And he was right, soup is beautiful—in the evening, and at noon, and... are there breakfast soups? [clickity-click] Yes, there are! I'm making a note to research this.
We love soup. A hearty soup filled with meat and vegetables. A light soup with a clear broth and some noodles. And a pureed soup made with fruit or vegetables and spices. We love them all!
This soup is made with sweet carrots, spicy ginger, and warming spices. Serve it chilled on a hot day, or hot on a chilly day. This type of soup is very versatile!
Ingredients You'll Need
- olive oil
- fresh ginger
- ground turmeric
- ground cumin
- ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon
- cayenne pepper
- Greek yogurt
Make Some Chilled Carrot Soup Tonight!
Here's what you'll need: chicken stock, Greek yogurt, carrots, chopped pistachios, salt, ginger and garlic, olive oil, and spices (turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, and cayenne pepper).
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Don't let the spices start to brown!
Add the carrots and salt.
Stir to coat the carrots with the spices.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil,
Set the heat to low and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
Pour the soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Add the yogurt and blend to mix it in.
Pour the soup into a large bowl and chill in the refrigerator for about three hours.
Serve with additional Greek yogurt and garnishes. We like chopped pistachios with this soup. If it's too spicy for you, adding some yogurt will tame the flavor down.
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Chilled Spiced Carrot-Ginger Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pound carrots chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Chopped pistachios for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Don't let the spices start to brown!2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 large clove garlic, 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the carrots and salt and stir to coat them with the spices.1 pound carrots, 1 teaspoon salt
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, then set the heat to low and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.4 cups water
- Pour the soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Add the yogurt and blend to mix it in.1 cup Greek yogurt
- Pour the soup into a large bowl and chill in the refrigerator for about three hours. Serve with additional Greek yogurt and garnishes.Chopped pistachios
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know what you think!