You'll be cool as a cucumber with this chilled soup! Paired with coconut cream and garnished with toasted pine nuts and sumac, this is a wonderful light summer dinner.[feast_advanced_jump_to]
Keep Cool for the Summer!
A chilled blender soup is a perfect light meal for hot summer nights. No cooking required... just chop, blend, chill, and eat! The flavors of cucumber and coconut cream blend very well, and a splash of lime juice brightens it up. Toasted pine nuts as a garnish provides a bit of crunch, and a sprinkle of sumac provides a tangy citrus accent.
Fun Fact: The saying "cool as a cucumber" is true! Cucumbers are mostly water, so they feel cooler than the surrounding air!
Ingredients You'll Need
- English cucumbers
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- sour cream
- coconut cream
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
- pine nuts
Make the Recipe
The ingredients: cucumbers, coconut cream, celery, pine nuts, lime juice, salt, olive oil, shallots, and sour cream.
Add the cucumbers to a blender. They'll probably fill it almost to the top, and not leave much room for the rest of the ingredients.
Process the cucumbers to reduce the amount of space they take up.
Add the rest of the ingredients and purée until smooth.
Pour the soup into a large bowl. Our Vitamix blender made the soup completely smooth. If yours leaves some solid bits, you can pour it through a medium-mesh strainer. Press on the solids with the back of a spoon to get all the liquid out!
Mix in the coconut cream, sour cream, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Put the soup in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
Before serving, put the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
Stir continuously until the nuts are golden brown. Don't turn away to do something else, they can go from perfect to burned in seconds!
Serve the soup and garnish with pine nuts and sumac. It's lovely, and tastes amazing!
Eat, Comment, Like, and Follow!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment. We would also appreciate it if you would like and follow us on social media. And sign up for our newsletter to get news, new recipes, and fun food facts!
📖 Recipe Card
Chilled Cucumber-Coconut Soup
Special Equipment Needed
- 1 Blender
- 1 skillet
- 2 English cucumbers cut into chunks
- 2 medium celery stalks roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Pine nuts
- Sumac for garnish
- Add the cucumber, celery, shallots, olive oil, and kosher salt to a blender and purée until smooth.2 English cucumbers, 2 medium celery stalks, 1 small shallot, ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour the soup into a large bowl If necessary, pour through a medium-mesh sieve and press on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add the sour cream, coconut cream, and lime juice and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.½ cup sour cream, 1 (15 ounce) can coconut cream, 1 tablespoon lime juice, Salt and pepper
- Put the soup in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet, stirring constantly, until they are a light golden brown.¼ cup Pine nuts
- Serve the soup garnished with pine nuts and sumac.Sumac
THIS RECIPE IS FROM
The Spice of Your Life - https://thespiceofyourlife.com